Christopher Leon Garibian, Esq.
Divorce Lawyer in New Jersey
Why Do I Practice Family Law?
Call (973) 602-7892 | Fax (973) 403-0010
Areas of Practice
- Equitable Distribution & Division of Assets
- Complex Property Division
- Division of Child Protection and Permanency
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Post Nuptial Agreements
Christopher Leon Garibian, Esq.
- New Jersey, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan, January, 1997
- Rutgers University, May, 1990 -Bachelor of Arts – Major: English
Pro Bono Activities
- Trustee, Morris County Bar Foundation, 2015- present
- Volunteer, Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist, Morris County Superior Court, 2003-present
- Board of Directors, Hope for Tomorrow, A Child and Family Support Center, Inc. (501(c)), 2013-2014
- Volunteer, County College of Morris, The Women’s Center, 2007 – present
- Volunteer Attorney Advocate – Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project, 2007 – present
- Volunteer, CASA of Morris County, 1998
19+ Years of Experience
- Qualified Family Law Mediator , New Jersey Court Rule 1:40-12
- Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney, NJ Supreme Court, 2015
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, 2004-2013, 2015-present
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2004-2013, 2015-present
- Member, Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2001 – present
- Family Law Section, New Jersey Association of Justice, 2010 – present
- Member, New Jersey Association of Justice, 2010 – present
- Member, Morris County Bar Association, 1998-present
- Trustee, Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section , 2011 – 2014
- Board of Governors, New Jersey Association of Justice, 2012 – 2014
- PAC Board Member, New Jersey Association of Justice, 2012 – 2014
- Commissioner, Morristown Parking Authority, 1997-2000, 2003-2014
- Barry F. Croland Family Law Inns of Court , 2008-2011
- Board Member, Family Services of Morris County, 2003-2007
- North Jersey Family Law Inns of Court , 2001-2004
- Somerset County Family Law Inns of Court , 2000-2001
- Worral F. Mountain Inns of Court , 1998-1999
Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Matrimonial Attorney
If you are unfamiliar with the legal process, choosing the right New Jersey Divorce Attorney can be a daunting task. You want to hire an experienced attorney who has your best interests in mind, and will work to resolve your issue in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The Supreme Court of New Jersey has helped to simplify this process by certifying attorneys who have displayed knowledge, experience, and education in New Jersey Matrimonial Law.
In order to be designated as a Certified Matrimonial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, you must demonstrate the following:
- You have been a member in good standing of the New Jersey Bar for at least 5 years.
- You have taken a required number of continuing legal education courses in the 3 years prior to filing your application.
- You demonstrate significant involvement in preparation of litigated matters.
- You demonstrate a flawless reputation and submit a list of attorneys and judges who will attest to your character and legal ability.
- You pass a comprehensive written exam covering various aspects of New Jersey Matrimonial Law.
(As of October 31, 2015, there were 95,643 licensed and registered New Jersey attorneys and less than 1% of those attorneys are Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as Matrimonial Attorneys)