I’ll be speaking tomorrow at The Hotel ML for a live continuing legal education seminar titled “Divorce Cases from Start to Finish” which provides a comprehensive walk through of the divorce process.
Are you confident you can successfully navigate through the twists and turns of the divorce process? Join us as we walk through the steps of divorce from client intake and filing to important considerations concerning child and spousal support, custody, asset, and debt division. Learn how to handle a divorce case step-by-step – register today!
During this seminar, we will:
- Discuss ways to effectively gather important information during client intake.
- Walk through the preliminary steps in the divorce process with a look at jurisdiction considerations, filing and more.
- Review how to properly complete financial affidavits as well as what to look for in the other side’s.
- Explore successful informal and formal discovery methods in divorce cases.
- Learn what custody and visitation options should be considered in divorce.
- Take a close look at considerations for both child and spousal support.
- Uncover best practices for dividing assets in divorce.
- Examine the fundamental issues that need to be addressed post-divorce.
Who Should Attend
This basic level program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.
- New Jersey Divorce Law Fundamentals
- Client Intake
- Initial Steps in Filing
- Essential Discovery Tools in Divorce
- Examining Financials: What to Look for
- Custody and Visitation Considerations
- Child Support: Guidelines and Calculations
- Spousal Support/Maintenance
- Division and Valuation of Assets and Debt
- Protecting the Benefits of a Special Needs Child During Divorce
- Marital Settlement Agreements: Pitfalls, Drafting Tips and More
- Ethical Considerations in Divorce
- Tips for Mediation/Arbitration in Divorce Cases
- The Divorce Hearing and Trial
- Post-Divorce Considerations
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education
Credit Hrs State
CLE 14.40 – NJ*
CLE 14.00 – NY*
CLE 12.00 – PA*
* denotes specialty credits
Christopher Leon Garibian, Esq. is a partner in the matrimonial and family law department of Weiner Law Group LLP. He has over 19 years of experience handling a multitude of Divorce and Family Law Matters throughout New Jersey. He is passionate about family law and takes pride in his ability to effectuate real change in the lives of his clients. He is certified by the State Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Attorney. If you are in need of an experienced Divorce Attorney or Family Law Attorney in NJ, contact us today for compassionate, long lasting legal solutions.